Day 3 of 100 Days of Making Comics!

Hey, I'm Anna Raub [AKA: Mask Woman from the Turaco CreativeCast] I'm doing the 100 Daysof Making Comics Challenge [courtesy of Kevin Cross.]

  • 100 Days of Making Comics Day 3: Dec. 16th 2020 [Though I'm finally finishing this blog post after midnight… again lol.]

  • How much time I spent making my comic today: 1hr.

  • What I did: This time I worked for a solid hour storyboarding for my Endstar Arrival comic. I’m getting excited about this comic coming together! I spent a lot of time today [and in previous days] thinking about the story and how it’ll turn out. Although I didn’t add up the time that I thought about this project for the 100 days of making comics challenge, thinking is still a part of the process.

Other notes:

Even though I only made it to 1hr today for the 100 days of making comics challenge, I feel that I still made some reasonable progress. I got caught up with a dentist checkup today [no cavities, yay], house decorating, other art projects, social media replies, and a Turaco Creative Cast livestream. So today ended up being a bit on the busy side. But I’ll keep going, and I’ll gradually build more of my day around making my Endstar Arrival comic as I continue this challenge. 

  • I’ve noticed that one of my distractions when I sit down to focus on Endstar Arrival, is spontaneously working on other creative projects, and writing down ideas for other comics in the future. But I consider that to be a generally productive distraction, so long as something comes out of it. It is easier to start fresh with new ideas, and loose stories, but it takes dedication and real effort to finish something. I'm going to give finishing this challenge my best shot. I could probably start 1000s of ideas or stories in my lifetime, but the real work for me is finishing those stories, and making something real out of those ideas.

  • Also, I’ll aim to make these blog posts earlier, so that I’m not writing in the middle of the night. Hahah, a familiar feeling for night owl authors. As much as I enjoy staying up late to get things done, getting to bed earlier will help my schedule to fall into place better.

Here are some quick photos of what I did today. [Haha, it kinda looks like Scruffy the giant bird is biting someone's head here. Don't worry though, he doesn't mean any harm. These are actually very rough work in progress sketches for the continuation of the Endstar Arrival story as seen in the 9Volt PULP anthology.






















[What do you think could possibly be going on?]



































 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading! I can't wait until you can enjoy the whole story! :)

Extra Links: 

Feel free to check out the TuracoCreative Cast and join in on the creative fun!


Comments

Post a Comment