Day 35 of 100 Days of Making Comics

 

Hey, I'm Anna Raub [AKA: Mask Woman from the Turaco Creative Cast] I'm doing the 100 Days of Making Comics Challenge [courtesy of Kevin Cross.]   

1/16/2021 - Day 35:  3hrs and 25min went into working on Endstar Arrival today. More biomorphic robot stuff, concepts, and a giant dragon-esque monster robot. 

Progress Screenshots: [I was delightfully utilizing 3 point perspective, to capture the great size of this mechanized beast. It's still concept art, but I think its going in a cool direction.] 

[The green parts in the concept below, such as the wings and feet represent an alternate mode meant for flight.]
[And of course, some more robo-dog.. or uhm, cat, salamander, no, alligator... or uh. Yeah. Seems cute enough.]

Other Notes:

  • Today's random interesting animal: The scaly-foot snail (Chrysomallon squamiferum) which occupies deep sea hydrothermal vents in a small part of the Indian Ocean. This highly unique gastropod grows tough sclerites from its foot. If that wasn't weird enough, both its shell and sclerites are iron-mineralised, due to the creature's ability to utilize iron sulfides that are available in the water. Yeah, it's a magnetic snail.

    • [Sclerites are the chitinous plates that form an exoskeleton in invertebrates; which in the case of this snail, are the "scales"
    • Yes, this might as well be my favorite snail species.
  • you're welcome to name a random animal in the comments for me to read about as well if you want.
Thanks for Reading! :)

Extra Links:  

 

Comments

  1. The giant dragon creature looks grand,does that transform too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still thinking about what it might turn into if anything. So far, I know that it's supposed to change a bit when it goes into flight mode.

      Delete
  2. Does the giant robot have robot lice?

    I reccomend you look up the Mesophthirus angeli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how random that question is. XD Just wait till I start designing robots based on random invertebrates; then you can have some lice-bots. Aah yes Mesophthirus angeli, Thanks for the recommendation, I do enjoy reading about prehistoric parasites! a week ago, I was just reading about trichomonosis in the mouth of a T-rex.

      Delete

Post a Comment