Day 1 of 100 Days of Making Comics!

Hey, I'm Anna Raub [AKA: Mask Woman from the Turaco Creative Cast]

Today, I’m committing to the 100 Days of Making Comics Challenge! [courtesy of Kevin Cross.] My goal is to continue my Endstar Arrival story [as was featured in Issue#2 of the 9Volt Comics PULP Anthology.]

For this challenge I’ll:

  • Work on my comic for at least 30min a day for 100 days in a row. [Though my personal goal is at least 3 hours each day for five days out of the week.]

  • Regularly give updates on my progress so that I can be held accountable and also so that the process that went into producing my comic is saved and can be looked back on.

  • Try to keep track of how much time I spend doing the challenge each day.

  • The time that I count towards this challenge will be time spent doing something specific and productive. Though thinking is a part of the process, I’m just going to focus on the time that goes into tangible things like scripting, character concepts, thumbnail sketches, penciling, inking, ect.

  • Rather than thinking of myself as chained to a challenge for the next 100 days. I think of it as an opportunity to set aside a window of time each day, to do one of the things that I most enjoy.

Day 1: Dec. 14th 2020

How much time I spent making my comic today: 1 hour and 30min.

What I did: My time was spent making thumbnail sketches for the next part of my Endstar Arrival story. In my head, the story plays a bit like an animation or movie, so creating the thumbnail sketches is essentially like drawing rough key frames. 

Here are some quick photos of what I worked on today 


 


 


















Thanks for reading! :)

Extra Links: 

Check out the Turaco Creative Cast!

Comments

  1. I look forward to seeing your progress as you continue doing the 100 Days Of Making Comics. I can't wait the see the rest of Endstar Arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to making serious progress.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck Anna, and have fun on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be a lot of fun šŸ˜ Thank you Peter!

      Delete

Post a Comment