100 Days of Making Comics Day 51

 

2/2/2021- Day 51: 40 min went into figuring out the page below. Today was one of those days, where I could've had plenty of excuses for not getting started, or even just working fast enough. [I was tired, had other stuff scheduled, and then got caught up working on projects other than the 100 days, until about midnight haha. oh well.] But I finally buckled down and got started anyway.

Progress Screenshot: [I actually kinda want to keep working on this tonight, but I just need a little break after making it past day 50. I'm excited for tomorrow though, cause I'm aiming to pull together a bunch of semi-loose notes for Endstar Arrival, to add them to the script.]

Other Notes: 

I totally did just play Minecraft a little too late into the night. Recently I've picked up playing it again here and there, since my clever younger brother started a server. Which allows me to start some neat building projects and interact more with relatives that are challenging to visit in person now. But it's been long enough since I played on survival mode that I'm in the middle of a new learning curve.

Back in the olden days [haha, 2015] I moderated a popular public server and worked as a builder and architect. These days, I'm freaking out over salmon, bees, and new horse breeds. I even had to ask how to build a simple book because I forgot how.

Today's random interesting animal(s):

Here's a twofer: 
  • The Marvelous spatuletail hummingbird (Loddigesia mirabilis), [surely the word "spatula" was fitting to describe a creature of such elegance.]  
  • The Blanket octopus, belonging to the genus Tremoctopus. Female blanket octopuses have a large transparent webbing that connects a couple of their arms, and can flow behind them somewhat like a blanket. Males however, are extremely minuscule and compared to the females, and lack this elaborate "blanket" feature.  

TOOLS USED for the art in this post: Autodesk sketchbook on the ipad pro. 

Thanks for checking out the blog! :) 

Links to find me in other parts of the internet:  


Comments

  1. Taking a break and recharging is always a good idea. 40 mins of working on a layout is good when you've spent 50 days working on your comic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment