Day 39 of 100 Days of Making Comics

 

Hey, I'm Anna Raub [AKA: Mask Woman from the Turaco Creative Cast] I'm doing the 100 Days of Making Comics Challenge [courtesy of Kevin Cross.]   

 

1/20/2021 - Day 39: I spent and hour and some minutes drawing Scruffy. How many extra minutes I know not. But time well spent it was.

 

Progress Screenshot: [Just your friendly neighborhood birb.]

A good birb. A nice birb.

 Other Notes: 

  • Today's random interesting animal: The shocking pink dragon millipede (Desmoxytes purpurosea) from Thailand.  

    • Has dragon in the name: check
    • Has too many legs: check
    • Is pink: check. 
    • Produces hydrogen cyanide as a defense: check.
    • Also, millipedes fluoresce under UV lighting, so there's a good chance that this millipede would glow too.
    •  Yep, I think it classifies as a cool critter.
  • If you name an animal in the comments, I'll look it up. Even if it's weird. Like I don't know, a pink slug... Which is actually a thing, and it looks kinda like a piece of raw meat. Weird can be cool.

  • TOOLS USED for the art in this post: Autodesk sketchbook on the ipad pro.

Yee :)

Extra Links:  

Comments

  1. It's Scruffy! The breakaway star of Endstar Arrival!
    Scruffy has the best expressions.
    Cool critter fact btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's got to be the most popular character! It's too much fun to draw Scruffy's expressions, I'm glad you like them. And ya can't go wrong with a cool critter fact. haha :)

      Delete

Post a Comment