100 days of making comics day 52

 2/3/2021- Day 52:  Spent 1hr 15min mostly writing, and putting my notes in order, including some older ones that I found. The last 15min went into sketching some labyrinth ideas for a puzzle thing in the comic.

Progress Screenshot: [Yep, I think labyrinths and mazes are cool. These sketches are pretty rough and incomplete, but I'm excited to start getting the idea down.]

[The idea is to end up with a design where the correct direction is indicated by [somehow] interactive hieroglyphs.]
[Just picked up a generic pen and started doodling.]

Other Notes: 

Today's random interesting animal(s) and/or plants because I like plants too:

  • Here's a twofer again, but really I just wanted to mention the only member of the carnivorous plant genus Darlingtonia. Darlingtonia californica, the California Pitcher Plant, also called the cobra plant, is an intriguing and one of a kind species, that traps insects with a bulbous and hollow modified leaf tube that allows some light through. Insects enter from under the "balloon" and try to exit by following the light upward, but as a result they become a victim of this specialized Pitcher Plant's trap. There is a fork at the end of the leaf reminiscent of a snake's tongue, [or a mustache, if you see it the way i do.]
  • Second, I'll mention Viscachas, since they're an animal that's on my mind right now for whatever reason. They're a rabbit-like creature with a somewhat longer tail, and they belong to the same family as chinchillas.  

TOOLS USED for the art in this post: Autodesk sketchbook on the ipad pro, and paper; actual papery paper.

Thanks for checking out the blog! :) 

Links to find me in other parts of the internet:  


Comments

Post a Comment