100 Days of making Comics Day 55

2/5/2021 - Day 55: Somewhere in my latest post I mentioned the need for a Neonie expression sheet, or at least it was the next thing that I intended to do. Well, today’s project happened to be working on that very thing. An hour went into making a collage of preexisting character expressions, as well as touching some of them up. Then 2hrs and 20minutes went into a separate new sheet made up of today’s sketching.


 

[Though still rough, they turned out better than I expected given the amount of time spent. It's really fun for me looking at this, just to see all the little expressive sketches and to compare the different ways in which I've drawn Neonie over time.]

I did also record a video of the process for these sketches. 

Today's random interesting animal(s) and sciencey things:  

  • Of course any odd-toed ungulate with a short prehensile nose trunk is interesting. But for today, I'll introduce the largest of the animals that fit that oddly specific criteria. The tapir! Specifically, the Malayan tapir (Tapirus indicus). Which happens to be the largest known species of tapir in the world, weighing up to 800 pounds. The Malayan tapir is also the only species of Tapir native to Asia, with all other known and extant species residing in south and central America.

Thanks for checking out the blog! :) 

Links to find me in other parts of the internet:  

Comments

  1. It's looking good, Neonie has a range of emotions now. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment